Recrutement de 01 Emergency Specialist – CBT Agriculture (SC8)
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: Non précisé
Expire le: 07-07-2023
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description: 2301879
Emergency Specialist – CBT Agriculture (SC8)
Job Posting: 23/Jun/2023
Closure Date: 07/Jul/2023, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRSOM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Somalia
Duration: Up to 6 months, with possibility of extension
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government in developing policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the Implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the area of FAO's global mandate and Strategic Objectives. More specifically, FAO's response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and respond to recurrent emergencies. The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production, to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Somalia, the direct supervision of the Emergency Programme Coordinator and the Emergency Agriculture Unit Leader, and close collaboration with FAO Emergency Units and Teams in Somalia.
The Emergency Agriculture Specialist will be responsible for agriculture emergency interventions that include Cash + Agriculture, inputs distribution, training designing, and providing adequate specialized support and analysis to FAO’s cash-based transfer (CBT) programmes in line with relevant corporate guidelines, standard operating procedures, and regulations to ensure smooth implementation of CBT activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Support the program planning and geographical targeting of the emergency program.
• Support the documentation and implementation of best practices and lessons learnt throughout the project cycle.
• Support Budget management and monitoring of emergency projects with agriculture emergency components
• Monitor the Agriculture Emergency program budget commitments and expenditures in relation to the achievement of project objectives and activities and implement corrective measures when needed.
• Coordinate with key program support functions, including programme, Compliance, M&E, Logistics and Procurement units to ensure smooth implementation of Agriculture emergency Project activities.
• Facilitate the selection and procurement process of service providers for the implementation of Emergency Agriculture activities
• Preparation of terms of reference and tendering documentation for agriculture emergency Implementing partners (IPs) selection.
• Coordinate the process of evaluating and selecting potential implementing partners/ service providers to support in the implementation of the Agric. Emergency Programme.
• Advise the technical review team on the analysis of the submitted bids in line with FAO's procurement guidelines and the related Agriculture emergency Technical Terms of Reference
• Support in drafting and amending the Letters of Agreements, including the LOUs for the relevant ministries
• Monitor the implementation of LoAs/ LOUs and commercial contracts and identify areas that require immediate attention
• Review field reports submitted by the service providers
Support the cash transfer planning with Cash + agriculture intervention in sequence to ensure timely deliveries
• Support the maintenance of an up-to-date cash transfer/disbursement status weekly updates
• Liaise with Finance to ensure all documentation for payment is prepared to facilitate timely payments to beneficiaries and implementing partners, and reimbursements to MV and MMOs
• Coordinate and follow up action on internal and external monitoring missions and compliance actions on agriculture emergency
• Any other assigned by the supervisor
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Forestry, Agribusiness and any relevant study area.
• Minimum three (5) years of relevant experience in CBT project management, design, and monitoring.
• At least two of which should be related to the functional areas (e.g., development or humanitarian programmes, experience with money transfer operations and commercial transactions).
• Working knowledge of English, French, or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
• Working knowledge in the local language of the country (Somalia).
• National of Somalia.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work
• Relevance of experience
• Excellent experience with MS packages (especially Excel)
• Knowledge of the project cycle and previous experience implementing cash cash-base d transfer programmes in Somalia is an advantage
• Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT